Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Music that inspires

They warn, with my new job, that you should learn to leave certain things boxed up, zip locked, duct taped, or in the very least, shaken off at the door once we've stepped out of the office.  This is a concept called 'self- care'  I dig it.  And here's why.

For one, our sleep patterns are ridiculously thrown off.  For another, it isn't uncommon for you to call your supervisor to manage a crisis, only at the end of it, be joking around with each other, talking about what you had for dinner and saying something like "I love you".  And there's the reality, that the people you serve usually are kind to you, but to an end, and you won't likely ever be on the receiving end of anything special anytime soon.  You just start to embrace it.

I often times, have prayed for a good night at work.  Now I pray that my responses to situations and tensions can be pleasant, firm, and compassionate.  The whole turn your cheek bit.  Or take off the coat on your back and gift wrap it when someone steals from you.

Sir, I saw that you took that nice mesh Seahawks sweater of mine worth about $140.  Let me foil wrap the rest of my wardrobe for you.

What faith does this?

I like to pray.  I like to talk.  I like to sing.  I love to praise.  I love to listen.

So the most fulfilling time in a work shift is when I get to unplug a little and listen to some of the music I enjoy listening to.  On a trip recently I was asked what kind of music I prefer.  I said I was raised with Hip- Hop, Gangsta rap R&B, a little country, some classic rock, and I do love worship music, because of my love for Jesus.

Secretly I love movie scores.  I have tons of soundtrack music downloaded into my itunes library, and it isn't uncommon for people to access it and download most of my music.  I recently have gotten more comfortable singing aloud- after all such action does boost your immunity and improve your mood.

The music I listen to, inspires me.  So I'll share a small bit of my favorite music with you and it'll give you an idea of how weird, or how well rounded you may think I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0Wv_ZVGXo

[Interstellar score]


[David Crowder]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObXwn-EgGY



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBLaruol2gk

[Lumidee]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home